Membership in the marching band is required of all band students (grades 9-12)
The marching band performs at a wide variety of events, including all the John Adams High School home football games and marching band competitions. During the season, there are approximately five performances at football games and competitions. The marching band also participates in a variety of parades throughout the school year.
The rehearsals typically fall during the school day, however, there are some days with outside rehearsals. These are included, but not limited to:
- Summer rehearsals
- Band Camp
- School day rehearsals
- Sectional rehearsals
- Outside/extra rehearsals
- Rehearsal dates and times for football and competition days will be provided to the band members one week prior to the event.
Each member’s band fees are based on, but not limited to, the following:
- Uniform Accessories: All band members are responsible for purchasing their drill master marching shoes, red band polo shirt, and gloves.
- Meals and Snacks: On some football game days and all competition days, students are provided snacks and meals.
- Staff Member Fees: The band fees also help offset the costs of additional staff members and drill writers.
- Music: To provide students with a variety of music every year, we use part of the fees to purchase quality music from well-known composers as well as new compositions.
- Miscellaneous: Throughout the school year, the band fees are also used to supply reeds, valve oil, awards, etc.